Choosing the right sandpaper for your project is essential to ensure your ideal results.
First of all, whether you decide to use sandpaper, sandpaper or sanding sponge, you need to choose the correct level for the application.
- The smaller the quantity, the rough, suitable for strong coatings to remove and remove rust.
- The larger the number, the more the numbers are refined. It is suitable for general smooth treatment and final preparation.
Select the correct thickness
To make choosing sandpaper easier, in addition to a specific level, the manufacturer will also indicate the roughness of the packaging. This is essentially a series of gravel sizes, which is also effective for the same polishing work. In fact, the project requires a certain rough level, not a specific sandpaper particle size, so the wise approach is to understand the content contained in each level.
- Ultra -thick sandpaper in the range of 24 to 36 is difficult. It is used to delete the paint and varnish you think you may never fall. The polishing of the old floor may also require special sandpaper. Except for the most difficult jobs, you don’t want to use these things.
- The intensity of coarse sandpaper is roughly treated with wood and removes previous trims, such as light polyurethane coating. The thickness particle size is usually within the range of 40 to 50 particles.
- The range of medium-sized sandpaper ranges from 60 to 100, suitable for some final molding. The initial polishing of rough wood and the marking marked on the wood usually use medium granular sandpaper.
- The particle size range of fine sandpaper is from 120 to 220. For most family seminars, this sandpaper is enough to polish before completing the work.
- Ultra-gold sandpaper is usually used between paint or paint coatings. The particle size of 240, 320 and 400 is called very fine, and the special or ultra-fine plate with a particle size of 600 is most suitable for polishing work.
Choose the correct abrasive
If you are still not sure which kind of abrasive particles are selected to polish your materials, please check the following:
Alumina -hard particles can reduce cold, longevity and rupture under pressure, and can produce new cutting blades. It is very suitable for all types of wood, paint and metal stripping, polishing and refining applications.
Zirconia -Zirconia aluminium oxide is higher than alumina and has its own color. Over time, it will decompose and regenerate its sharp cut blade, thereby providing longer service life during the polishing process. It is a hard particle that is very suitable for cutting hard materials (such as wood and metal).
Ceramic abrasive -In view of the consensus of particles, ceramic abrasives are the hardest and clearest particles used in painting tools, making it an ideal choice for precise processing and gypsum applications.
Paper or cloth
According to the flexibility and resistance you need, you can choose paper or lining materials.
Paper -If you need a soft thing, choose a light paper with a lighter weight, but the heavier paper is more solid and it is not easy to tear.
Cloth -The cloth has excellent durability and flexibility, can resist tearing, and can continue mixing and bending during use. The rear lining product is only used for drying and milling, which is an ideal choice for removing heavy materials. This is the ideal choice of tearing strips and contours, such as staircases.
Storage and security
When you use sandpaper in the project, you should wear safety glasses, safety gloves and dust masks. Make sure that sandpaper is stored in a dry and frosty environment. Shapras should stay away from the cold and humid environment. Do not expose to high temperature changes or direct sunlight -dry or humid storage may cause deformation.
Hope this article is a helpful guide for choosing sandpaper to you. Read more : https://carabrasive.com/.