Are you still troubled by not knowing how to use the cutting disc, this issue will take you to learn how to use it correctly.
1. What is a cutting disc?
Cutting discs are commonly used to cut various types of metals and other dense building materials, such as metals and plastics, for fast and straight cuts. They should be replaced regularly to maintain effective cutting edges and improve user safety.
2. Different types of cutting discs.
- Cut off disc (Metal and Stone): These are real photos and they do what they say on the tin. Metal slicing slices are used for cutting metal objects and stone slicing slices are used for cutting stone.
- Diamond Cutting Discs (Tile, Mortar Rake, Slate, Marble, Granite, Abrasives, Asphalt): Again, these really speak for themselves. This type of disc is usually set with diamonds on its rim to be able to cut the aforementioned hard materials. When purchasing these types of discs, you need to check whether they are wet cut or dry cut (wet cuts need to be kept wet while cutting, dry ones can be used without water).
- Grinding discs (metal and stone) : These come in both metal and stone grinding types (make sure you get the right one) and are used to grind metal or stone to shape it or remove lumps or peaks.
- Wire brushes and kink cups: These are basically wire brushes for grinders. Groups of wires are wrapped around the perimeter of the cup and twisted into your grinder. Make sure to tighten them when you mess them up.
You need to press the disc lock button to lock any rotation, then use a wrench to tighten the nut at the top of the cup.
The twisting action of the wire makes it very tough, allowing you to remove paint and rust easily. This attachment will cause most surface coverings to crumble into mince, so only use it if you want to remove the coverings completely.
3. How to use the cutting disc safely?
All accident prevention regulations must be followed when using grinding discs and cutting wheels. All disks and wheels have corresponding industrial safety pictographs. If the cut sheet shows any signs of damage, including visible cracks, chips or any signs of bending or twisting, the cut sheet should always be replaced. The cutting wheel should be replaced when it reaches its expiration date, and an imprint can be found in the metal center of the disc.
4. General Safety Guide
- Check the cutting/grinding wheel for damage before use.
- Ensure that the tool speed does not exceed the maximum rated speed of the cutting/grinding wheel.
- Disconnect the power supply before replacing the wheel or when the tool is not in use for a long time.
- Keep the work area free of clutter and hazards.
- Ensure work piece safety.
- Always wear appropriate Personal Protective equipment.
- Do not violate any restrictions on use, i.e.
- Do not use for wet grinding.
- Do not use if damaged.
- Never use a cutting plate for grinding.
Using cutting disc correctly will highly improve your working efficiency, hope this article could assit you. Read more: https://binictools.com/.